Easter is over. Hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did. On Easter Sunday, the family came by to have a brunch together. I baked a lot of things, bread, cake, you name it! Today I share a recipe for a delicious cake, inspired by chickslovefood.
What you need:
- 200 gr. butter
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 200 gr. of self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 100 gr. of coconut grater + extra for the topping
- 200 gr. of white chocolate
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Put the butter and the sugar in a bowl and mix it together.
- Add the eggs one by one, keep mixing.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder and gradually mix in the egg mixture, followed by the vanilla powder and 75 grams of the coconut grater.
- Grease a cake tin and scoop the batter into the cake tin.
- Put the cake in the oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
- Then remove it from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- Melt the white chocolate au bain marie.
- Brush the top of the cooled cake with white chocolate and finish with the remaining grated coconut.
- Let the chocolate completely hard and then cut beautiful slices.
Well, that’s it! It’s very easy. I hope you find this cake as good as I do. Enjoy!